Monday, January 14, 2008

Symonds tells Singh : I'll get my dad to beat up your dad

The "monkeygate" crisis escalated today with Australian cricketer Andrew Symonds telling Harbhajan Singh that he would get his dad to beat up Singh's dad.

The shock escalation of the crisis in international cricket occurred when Singh claimed yesterday that he did not use the words "monkey", instead using a Punjabi phrase that means "motherfucker". For Symonds, that was enough.
"I'm pretty relaxed about my background," said Symonds in a press statement earlier today, "but when some Paki thinks calling me a motherfucker is better than a monkey I just have to bring the big guns in. So I called my dad, and he said he'd beet up Harbhajan Singh's dad. Which I think is an entirely fair and grown-up way to deal with this crisis in international cricket."

When asked for a reply, Singh claimed that it doesn't matter what he said on the field anyway, because he had his fingers crossed behind his back and we all know that means it doesn't count.

No comments: