Sunday, May 28, 2006

Jolie-Pitt baby girl angers celebrity community

LOS ANGELES TIMES - Gwen Stefani, Geri Halliwell, Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck, Fred Savage, Melissa Joan Hart, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Gwenyth Paltrow, Rachel Weisz and Britney Spears. These are just some of the people reeling from the news that their column inches in the celebrity rags and E-News puff-pieces are being eaten up by the news of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's baby girl, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.
"It really is indecent," quoted an unnamed Scientologist, "Do Brad and Pitt have a film coming out at the moment? No. Does my client, I mean Tom, I mean the Number 1 Hollywood star in the world have a movie out now? I'm not talking about Tom Hanks. I know he has a movie out. I'm talking about Tom Cruise. He's got a film out. Yes. We went to a lot of effort to get Katie to pretend to carry a baby for nine months. And for what? We still haven't made back the contribution to the Scientology founders to allow Tom to go up to the next level yet, let alone production costs for the film. Inconsiderate."
Britney Spears had this to say via her publicist, "What? What? You put Geri Halliwell in the same list of A celebrities as me and Melissa Joan Hart? Are you f#$king mad? Look at my baby. Look at me. WE ARE BEAUTIFUL. F%CK, I dropped it again."

We did want to talk to the other worthy celebrities, but unfortunately we ran out of column inches in the desire to carry this picture of Angelina and Brad with the rest of the kids in Africa. Aren't they cute? (And doesn't the image have just a touch of Da Vinci's The Last Supper about it? Or is that just me?)

No comments: