Friday, December 23, 2005

Tori Amos's Piano speaks out about public dispute over authorship, solo career

REUTERS - The RITZ, London

Tori Amos's Piano speaks out about public dispute over authorship, solo career.

It has been a longstanding rumour among music industry pundits that eccentric musician and US expatriate Tori Amos is merely the decoration on a cake known as the the one man girl-band. Until now, she has accredited her black Bosendorf piano, who has adopted the new name Shirley Brown, as a voice and unofficial co-scribe in her succesful career, but as REUTERS has found, the thruth is much uglier.

Ms Brown has granted REUTERS journalist Duncan Pedersen a sneak-peek into the real life of the musical duo prior to the press conference she has organised for Jan. 1st,2006.

"My life with Tori was creative torture, she would never compromise on melodies or lyrics i came up with", the veteran piano star laments. "Little earhquakes was really about her slamming the lid of the keyboard too abruptly -- but this i have almost completely worked through with my analyst. Most crucially, I think we, Tori and I, just really need to have some time apart to mature as solo artists. "

Ms Amos was unavailable for comment on the topic, however her PR people have referred to the incidents referred to as circumstantial referred,second-or-third-hand evidence - therefore hardly evidence at all. They imply competitors and, surprisingly, the entire Netherlands as trying to sabotage the 'one-girl, one-piano concept'. When asked to name names they refused, though they flashed two well-prepared photographs of Norah Jones and Kate Bush, nodded, and silently mouthed the word "genetics".

"I have treasured the years with Tee, as i call her, as among the best of my life. When we toured the world for the first time, I felt like i belonged to a stable relationship for the first time in my life. She took me in, rescued me from the wild streets of Newton,North Carolina but as i soon found out, the honeymoon wouldn't last. "

We were then interupted by Ms Brown's assistant, who instructed the piano-star on matters not to be disclosed to the public due to legalities. She elucidates:

"We are filing charges, so there are things I cannot yet disclose. My supporters (consults assistant), who prefer not to be named...have convinced me about my past with 'the wanton witch'. I - wrote all the songs we worked on together, and Tori ruthlessly stole them from me. It was my voice to share with the world.". She continues: "I was in a fragile place when we met...I once felt like a cello trapped in a fortepiano body, and ...though this is something i have never admitted to the public, i now understand how i was exploited. I want to come out from under the pianocovers. Additionally, I'm seeking compensation to the nominal sum of $2bn for damages."

TO READ the entire article, you need to register at REUTERS.con, for the annual fee of $600. Click Here for More.

No comments: